Download e-book for kindle: Dermatology: illustrated clinical cases by William W. Huang, Steven R. Feldman, Christine S. Ahn, Robin

By William W. Huang, Steven R. Feldman, Christine S. Ahn, Robin S. Lewallen

ISBN-10: 1315382687

ISBN-13: 9781315382685

ISBN-10: 1498722881

ISBN-13: 9781498722889

Containing a hundred difficult scientific instances illustrated with brilliant, top of the range photos, this ebook covers quite a lot of dermatological stipulations, from the widely taking place to these a bit rarer instances. This ebook is a useful reference for all dermatology pros in perform and provides the right revision consultant for these in education, from hospital-based medical professionals getting ready for greater examinations to tested physicians of their carrying on with specialist development.

Show description

Read or Download Dermatology: illustrated clinical cases PDF

Best dermatology books

New PDF release: The Science of Phototherapy: An Introduction

Phototherapy exemplifies medical drugs. the foremost advances have resulted from potent collaborations among simple researchers and clinicians. This e-book is directed to clinicians and easy researchers who're attracted to present and rising implementations of phototherapy. it may possibly function an introductory reference and a textbook for complex undergraduate and graduate classes in clinical physics and biomedical engineering.

Get Textbook of Facial Rejuvenation: The Art of Minimally PDF

In recent times the call for for rejuvenating remedies for the face has grown dramatically for either women and men. along that call for, a wide selection of remedies have developed, and a mix of other remedies can frequently bring about a lot higher development than single-treatment techniques.

Get Personalized Treatment Options in Dermatology PDF

This ebook is a short reference consultant to the hot, extra customized ways to the administration of pores and skin issues that experience emerged due to development in our knowing of the genetic heritage and pathophysiology of pores and skin ailments and the variety of mechanisms underlying their medical heterogeneity.

Download e-book for iPad: Lookingbill and Marks' Principles of Dermatology by James G. Marks Jr., Jeffrey J. Miller

With Lookingbill and Marks' ideas of Dermatology, fifth version, you could fast verify your diagnoses for even the main not easy dermatologic stipulations! Written by means of Dr. James G. Marks, Jr. and Dr. Jeffrey J. Miller, this hugely visible advisor offers the foundational details you must determine the entire variety of pores and skin diseases - all in a constant, quick-reference layout perfect to be used in medical perform.

Extra info for Dermatology: illustrated clinical cases

Example text

Cutaneous findings can be minimal or absent and can last up to several days. ii. The patient most likely has an ‘ordinary’ or spontaneous chronic urticaria, which makes up about 60% of all cases of chronic urticaria. Among the causes, the most likely is idiopathic, followed by autoimmune, infection-related or pseudoallergic causes. Among the remaining 40% of chronic urticarias, approximately 35% are physical or inducible urticaria, which are induced by exogenous physical stimuli and 5% are due to a vasculitis process, characterized by leukocytoclastic vasculitis.

Drugs can be responsible for cutaneous eruptions that appear similar or identical to LP. These drug reactions are described as ‘lichen planus–like’ or ‘lichenoid’. Drugs that are commonly implicated in producing lichenoid drug eruptions include antihypertensives such as enalapril, captopril, labetalol, propranolol, diuretics such as hydrochlorothiazide, antimalarials such as hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine and biologic drugs including etanercept and infliximab. CASE 5 Pityriasis rubra pilaris QUESTION 5 A 54-year-old male presents to the dermatology office as a referral for the rapid onset of erythroderma.

The patient in this case demonstrates a cerebriform tongue, characterized by sulci and gyri on the dorsum of the tongue. Other special sites for pemphigus vegetans include the vermillion border of the lips, the angle of the mouth and around the nares. Patients rarely may present with features of both clinical subtypes, either occurring simultaneously or throughout the course of the disease. Histopathologically, pemphigus vegetans demonstrates epidermal hyperplasia, papillomatosis, acanthosis, and intraepidermal abscesses.

Download PDF sample

Dermatology: illustrated clinical cases by William W. Huang, Steven R. Feldman, Christine S. Ahn, Robin S. Lewallen


by Daniel
4.0

Rated 4.36 of 5 – based on 4 votes